Registered official name: Českomoravská záruční a rozvojová banka, a. s.
English translation: Czech-Moravian Guarantee and Development Bank
Used abbreviations: ČMZRB, CMZR Bank (hereinafter also “the Bank” only)
Registered office: Jeruzalémská 964/4, 110 00 Praha 1
- CMZRB is the only promotional bank in the Czech Republic entrusted with the administration of funds disbursed within the programmes of assistance launched by the Government to help the development of small and medium-sized entrepreneurship (SME) using financial resources from national or EU funds for guarantees and loans. The Bank´s activities result from its long-term strategy oriented to contributing to the implementation of the economic policy of the Government of the Czech Republic and its regions.
- The Bank shall be involved in the realization of state policy enabling easier access to finance for SMEs, as well as in the field of financing infrastructure-oriented projects (water sector schemes, transport infrastructure), municipal and housing development (apartment houses reconstruction), or other spheres, which require support of public finance.
- Established in January 1992 as a specialized banking institution on the initiative of the Ministry of Economy in cooperation with major Czech banks, at that time.
- Since the beginning, CMZRB´s activities have been primarily focused on providing support to small and medium-sized enterprises within programmes of assistance launched by the Government of the Czech Republic. Involvement in financing housing development has extended CMZRB´s scope of activities in the period 1997 – 2012. Starting with financing specific infrastructure projects in 2000, CMZRB has become a financial institution able to provide tailored services to wide range of clients.
- Since 2004, the CMZRB has been involved in implementation of structural funds.
- Joint stock company, instituted pursuant to the Banking Act (No. 21/1992 Coll.).
- Shareholder: Czech Republic represented by:
- Ministry of Industry and Trade,
- Ministry of Finance,
- Ministry of Regional Development.